Applications for the 2018-19 Rotary Peace Fellowship program are now being accepted.
It is best to complete applications online and cc to D5000 no later than May 31, 2017.
District Interviews are conducted in June 2017 for the District Endorsement which needs to be received by RI by July 1, 2017.
As you may already know, Kalika Kalistein, sponsored by the Rotary Club of Hilo, was selected as RPF finalist for the 2016-2017 Rotary year.
Each year, Rotary selects up to 100 individuals from around the world to receive fully funded academic fellowships to pursue a Professional Development Certificate Program or Masters Degree Program related to peace and conflict resolution and prevention at one of the participating peace centers around the world (USA, Japan, UK, Australia, Sweden, Thailand).
Through training, study, and practice, Rotary Peace Fellows become leaders and catalysts for peace and conflict resolution; many go on to careers in national governments, NGOs, the military, law enforcement, and international organizations like the United Nations and World Bank.
Rotary Peace Centers:
- Duke University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- International Christian University, Japan
- University of Bradford, England
- University of Queensland, Australia
- Uppsala University, Sweden
- Chulalongkorn University, Thailand (certificate program)
United States, Japan, Sweden, Thailand, Australia, United Kingdom
- Up to 50 fellowships for master’s degree and 50 for certificate studies are awarded each year.
- The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
Applicants must also meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in English; proficiency in a second language is strongly recommended
- Strong commitment to international understanding and peace as demonstrated through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master’s degree applicants: minimum three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, bachelor’s degree
- Certificate applicants: minimum five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience, strong academic background
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Follow these steps to ensure that your application receives consideration.
- Review the application guidelines and check the eligibility requirements and restrictions below before applying. Read the entire application before you begin.
- Thoroughly research the curriculum and programs at each of the Rotary Peace Centers before starting your online application. You will be asked to rank the centers in order of importance.
- Master’s degree applicants: Collect all academic transcripts, test scores, and any other documents required by preferred universities as noted on the fellowship application. All supplementary materials must be in English. Certificate applicants: Academic transcripts or scores are not needed.
- Inform your local Rotary district that you are applying for a peace fellowship, and request an interview. District endorsement is required to complete the application process. TIP: Your local Rotary club can help you connect with your district. Use Club Finder to locate the club nearest you. Club interviews and endorsements are strongly encouraged but not required for applicants who have district support.
- Prior to interviews, fill out the online application, attach the required supplementary materials (test scores, academic or professional recommendations, essays), and submit them to your Rotary district no later than 31 May.
- Complete an interview with district representatives. Districts must submit endorsed applications to The Rotary Foundation by 1 July.
- Receive notice of selection results in November. If you are chosen for a fellowship, you will receive the name of the Peace Center where you will study.
- Apply for admission to the university where you will study. Being chosen for a fellowship does not mean you have been admitted to the university.
Application Deadline: May 31, 2017 (43 Days Remaining)
Any other questions, please email or call me at 808-282-1300.
Aloha, Lisa Foster